Today, there are so many people that that claim that they can help. There is self-help books, websites, speakers, videos, seminars, friends and family, and the list goes on. We are said to live in the information era where all information is at our fingertips. There is real information out there, but there is fake and misinformation alongside the real deal. Who do we listen to?
It would be great if there was one source that we could go to for all of life’s answers. If I could go to one website and type in the search and up would pop my answer.
Search engines have done a pretty good job of cataloging all of the information that is out there. Unfortunately, they can’t tell us what information is true verses untrue.
There is one person who does have all of the answers for our problems today. It is not our politicians or celebrities although they are among some of the loudest who speak today.
But the one that can really help us is often the one that is not heard. This is none other than Jesus Christ.
Who is Jesus?
We need to ask an important question that was asked before. In the Bible, in the gospel of Matthew 21:10, the people asked in reference to Jesus coming into Jerusalem on the donkey, who is this? Let me ask you the same question, who is Jesus?
This is one of the most important questions that we can ask. Let me outline for you who Jesus is:
Here are some ways to explain who Jesus is in relationship to us:
- God – Jesus is God (John 1:1-2)
- Creator – Jesus Created everything, including this world and everything in it. (John 1:3)
- Savior – Jesus became human and died in our place, becoming our savior from sin and death if we choose to accept it. (John 1:14, 3:16-21)
- Sympathizer – He was tempted and suffered like we have. From experience, He knows what we are going through. (Hebrews 4:15)
- Our Biggest Fan – He is going to bat for us with God the Father (Romans 8:34. 1 John 2:1)
- Loves Us – Jesus loves us to the death! (John 15:12; Ephesians 5:25)
- Our Help! – He is our help in our time of need. He gives Mercy and Grace. (Hebrews 4:16)
- Our Rest – He has given us rest from our labors, from our work. (Hebrews 4:9-10)
- Dwells in our Hearts – He lives in us (Ephesians 3:17)
- Empowers Us – He gives us power from the heavens (Ephesians 3:16)
Jesus, really is the answer to all of life’s problems! He is able to grant us peace and rest. There is a cost to this all though.
Death = Life
To have the abundant eternal life that is promised to us. To lay hold of the promises that were discussed earlier, there is a cost. The cost is our life.
The Bible says that to have eternal life, we have to give up our life. Instead of loving ourselves, we are to love Jesus. We are told we need to put Him first in everything that we do. There is everlasting rewards for those who follow Jesus.
You might say, wait a minute. Then I will live for myself
Life = Death
The Bible says that if you prefer to live for yourself, that you are already dead. That we are born dead in our sin and that if you physically die in that state that there is eternal death. Meaning, you can live short term for yourself, but it has everlasting consequences.
How to have life!
- Confess to Jesus your sins and that you are a sinner
- Commit your life to Jesus – Follow Him and put Him first, not yourself
- Love Jesus and love those around you.
It is a simple process to have eternal life, although is so very difficult. By faith in Jesus Christ, it takes faith to believe that He is God, that He came in the flesh, died for your sins, and rose from the grave the third day.
Jesus ascended to God the Father, where if we believe on Him, we will have eternal life. It is simply by God’s grace, through Faith in Jesus that you will have eternal life. It is His work in us, not any work that we can do.
Will you accept the free gift of eternal life? Do you have more questions about this decision?
Contact Me if you have more questions or if you do make a decision to follow Jesus. I will send you free material when you make that decision!